VALENTINE’S DAY BOMB “DIG IN” CRAVING CRUSHERS (KETO FRIENDLY)
Makes 7 craving crusher bombs.
I made these craving crushers to combat sugar cravings that I have. For Valentine’s Day we crave chocolate and strawberries, so what better way to combine these two flavors and still stay on track with our nutrition. The chia seeds provide a massive amount of nutrients for very little calories. They are packed with fiber, as well as well as protein. They also contain high amounts of antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids.
Almond butter provides our body with additional fat for energy and crushes any cravings that you are having. I prefer to use sugar free nut butter to keep this recipe low sugar. The cacao nibs give this a chocolate taste without adding in sugary chocolate. If you don’t mind additional sugar content, you can substitute with regular chocolate chips and any nut butter you enjoy.
Nutiva MCT powder, is a medium chain triglyceride powder. Medium chain triglycerides support metabolic function, as well as level out energy levels to avoid crashes. I know many of you are following a ketogenic lifestyle and this recipe is perfect for the keto diet. I love the brand Nutiva for their MCT powder because of the added prebiotic acacia fiber. This fiber helps to feed the bacteria inside the gastrointestinal tract, which promotes a healthy gut.
Pretty pink dust is my secret ingredient that I add to lots of recipes. Goji berries are full of antioxidants. For this recipe, I added in powdered strawberries because they are yummy and its pink for Valentines’ Day. I hope that you treat yourself today with one of these craving crusher bombs.
2 scoops Nutiva Organic MCT powder-vanilla
1 tablespoon chia seeds
¼ cup nut butter of choice, I prefer almond butter
1 tablespoon cacao nibs
2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut powder
1 tablespoon pink dust (powdered goji berries) *recipe follows*
1 tablespoon crushed dried strawberries (Natierra freeze-dried strawberries)
1. Start out by setting up your toppings on a plate. If you haven’t already prepared “pretty pink dust” start by grinding up a handful of goji berries in a high-powered blender, such as a Vitamix. I store my “pretty pink dust” in a mason jar to add to my oatmeal in the morning.
2. Grind up the dried strawberries. Combine the dried strawberries with the “pretty pink dust”. Set out on a plate.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine the MCT powder, almond butter, and chia seeds. Once combined, roll 7 balls into the desired toppings. Place each ball in a baking cup. Place into the freezer or fridge to set up for 30 minutes. Enjoy.
PRETTY PINK DUST
This “pretty pink dust” is my secret magic topping that I came up with one day. I love the antioxidant punch that goji berries provide the body. I wanted to utilize goji berries in various other recipes and decided to grind them up and sprinkle some magic onto pancakes and topping my acai bowls. The possibilities are endless as to how many ways you can use this. By adding this dust, you are increasing the antioxidant level of any recipe.
1 cup goji berries
1. In a coffee grinder or food processer grind the goji berries until a fine dust is formed.
2. Sprinkle this pretty dust on any recipe where you would like to increase the antioxidant levels.
For more recipes like this one purchase my book Refresh+Recharge+Refuel .
POPULAR THIS MONTH